Home Breaking News LASG re-arraigns man six years after

LASG re-arraigns man six years after

0


Agency Reporter

The Lagos State government on Monday re-arraigned one Victor Udoh, who allegedly kidnapped a child, at the Igbosere High Court, sitting at Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS).

The defendant whose residential address was not given, is facing trial on a count charge of abduction, preferred against him by the Lagos State Government.

The Lagos State Prosecutor, Mrs Bukola Okeowo, told the court that the defendant committed the alleged offence on Sept. 18, 2015, at 9p.m. at Marwa area of Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.

Okeowo informed the court that Udoh unlawfully abducted the child from the custody of her parents.

READ ALSO:  Jaiz Bank pays N883.9m dividend to shareholders

READ ALSO: LASG tackles noise

She said the offence contravened Section 269, of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

However, the plea of the defendant was not taken.

The defendant, who has been in incarceration at the custodial centre, informed the court that he had no lawyer to represent him and had not been to court since 2019.

Udoh said that a lawyer had previously represented him when the case was heard at the court which was gutted by fire, “but I have not been to court since 2019.”

The trial judge, Justice Modupe Nicol-Clay, directed that Mr I.O. Bashua, a lawyer in the Office of the Public Defender, should represent the defendant.

READ ALSO:  'We Are Not Aware of Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest In Kenya'

Nicol-Clay, adjourned the case until Nov. 4 for trial. (NAN)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here